Thursday, February 18, 2010

Blackberry Bold

Ever since I received my first phone from my parents, back in tenth grade, I insisted that I did not need anything fancy. I kept that first phone for nearly six years until it broke on me while I was doing an internship in South Africa two summers ago(terrible spot to break, I know). I then purchased another simple phone that did nothing but call and text, but two weeks ago, for my birthday, my parents got me a Blackberry Bold. This thing is amazing. If you do not have a smart phone, get one. It does everything, and I am constantly connected to every important contact in my life. I've got my e mail, pictures, facebook, and a bevy of other things at my fingertips. Sure, it has its down sides. The apps leave a bunch too be desired and T-Mobil's 3G coverage is slow at best, but I can still get all of my stuff done in a coffee house without a laptop. I highly recommend this product, but would insist that you get some other service provider other than T-Mobile. They are terrible. On the plus side, my love for Atari games has been awakened after a 20 year slumber by the game "Brick Breaker" which is essentially pong with bricks instead of futuristic pill looking objects.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to talk with you about South Africa--I was there 18 months ago for an amazing trip. I like your posts, as they illustrate a point of transition from not having mobile devices to owning them and changing how one gets "all my stuff done".

    ReplyDelete