Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's been a while

I know it's been a while since I made a post, but my grandmother passed away last week and it's just been kind of a blur. I will make up for it by posting twice next week. Anyways, the product I am reviewing this week is a new application that would allow you to pay your bar or restaurant tab from your iphone. It's called tabbedout, and as of now, it only exists in Austin, Texas. Basically, tabbedout has participating locations that are hooked up to the tabbedout network, and you can log on, establish a tab, and cash that tab out whenever you like, even from outside the bar or restaurant. So, you never have to worry about leaving your credit card in a bar and not cashing out your tab. The app does not appear to have any obvious negatives since it's free and supposedly very user friendly, but I'm going to wait and see when it actually makes its way to the rest of the country later this year to pass any real judgment. The question is going to be, can tabbedout really get enough bars and restaurants on its network to make this app worthwhile? If it can, this seems destined to be one of the most popular apps amongst young adults, and the automatic 20% tip will make it a bartender favorite as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment